Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Best of Halloween 2013: Part 3

For part 3 of our Best of Halloween series, here is a wonderful Autumn Harvest quilt featuring large and small pumpkins and, of course, a black cat.

Autumn Harvest, 36 x 36", by Susan Haase, 2013 DVQG


Susan Haase says: "I love to applique and I love Pearl (Pereira's) patterns*. I started this quilt to have it finished by December 2012 for my mini group's Christmas meeting. I had part of it finished but made the [September 2013] DVQ quilt show my final deadline. Raising a 4 year old doesn't give me much time to quilt"! 

 close up, Autumn Harvest by Susan Haase


There was some really lovely applique work on this piece, not to mention the cute embroidered face on the cat. You have to look closely to find all the critters in this fun wall hanging.  Can you pick out the little gray mouse, the bumble bee and ladybug?

 close up, Autumn Harvest by Susan Haase


Last but not least, here is a squirrel gathering acorns, while a crow perches on top of the pumpkin.

*The Autumn Harvest pattern by Pearl P. Pereira can be found at P3 Designs.
Image credits:  Photos were taken by Quilt Inspiration.

1 comment:

We love reading each and every comment... thanks for visiting our blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails